Build Community Leadership
Identifying and preparing emerging community leaders has long been a priority for the Greeley Chamber of Commerce. Through leadership development programs and opening leadership opportunities for our investors, we play a vital role in creating a strong, vibrant community with lofty dreams for the future. Our Leadership Weld County program has been identifying and training Weld County citizens for more than 30 years.
Leadership Northern Colorado serves the important nature of bringing together individuals for the betterment of the region.
Leadership Weld County
For more than 30 years, Leadership Weld County has been dedicated to identifying emerging leaders and providing them with the background knowledge and leadership skills that will be needed for our community’s future. Leadership Weld County class members participate in a Leadership Profile Inventory to identify and strengthen personal leadership behaviors. In addition, class members hear from community leaders in the sectors of government, public safety and criminal justice, healthcare, agriculture, economic development and more. The program, which runs from September through May, meets one full day per month.
Meet the 2016-17 Class
- Michael Amberg, Kaiser Permanente
- Devon Beitzel, Flood and Peterson
- Daniel Biwer, Greeley City Attorney’s Office
- Tina Clark, Anderson & Whitney, PC
- Todd Deutsch, Lieutenant, Weld County Sheriff’s Office
- Bianca Fisher, Downtown Development Authority
- Travis Goeglein, First FarmBank
- Susan Gundry, Weld County
- Vanessa Guzman, Greeley Chamber of Commerce
- Mike Hofmann, UNC
- Kazi Jestribek, High Plains Library District
- Eva Keaton, United Way of Weld County
- Jesse Leos, Guaranty Bank
- Sarah Maberry, Bank of Colorado
- Amy Mayer, Greeley Tribune
- Robert Meusch, Bank of Colorado
- Nate Miller, Greeley Tribune
- Kristin Morrow, North American Title
- Allison Oswandel, Aims Community College
- Amanda Prescott, Advantage Bank
- Nina Rentschler, State Farm Insurance Companies
- Ahmad Sedaghat, North Range Behavioral Health
- Jared Shamburger, US Bank
- Zerrick Shanks, 233d Space Group
- Kevin Smith, Burris Company, Inc.
- Roy Smith, Lieutenant, Greeley Police Department
- Wakiem Soucie, Greeley Center for Independence
- Katie Stromberger, Points West Community Bank
- Kersten Tennessen Cornerstone Home Lending, Inc.
- Anna Thigpen, BKD, LLP
- Jill Young, Greeley Economic Development
Leadership Northern Colorado
Leadership Northern Colorado is a joint initiative of the Greeley, Fort Collins and Loveland Chambers of Commerce, the Community Foundation of Larimer County and the Community Foundation Serving Greeley and Weld County. The program was established to build human capacity and to identify, define and address the issues facing the Northern Colorado region. Program components educate and motivate leaders who are committed to shaping the future of our region.
Six monthly sessions (January through June) provide the background knowledge critical to leading our region in the future.
- Public governance
- land use and infrastructure
- education and workforce economic development
- regional leadership issues
- economic development and regional leadership issues.
Applications for Leadership Northern Colorado are now closed — plan to submit yours in 2017.
Visit www.LeadershipNorthernColorado.com for more information, or call the Greeley Chamber at 970-352-3566.
2017 Class (Greeley Chamber of Commerce investors appear in bold)
- Michael Amberg, Kaiser Permanente
- Jake Arnold, Waypointe Real Estate, LLC
- Kristen Bernhardt, FirstBank
- Michelle Bird, Larimer County
- Arthur Cann , McKee Medical Center
- Brittany Cole, WorkLife Partnership
- Robert Cook, Larimer County Sherriff’s Office
- Ashley Dees, Columbine Health Systems
- Kristi Elyce, Loveland High Plains Arts Council
- Sarah Ener, Aims Community College
- Tom Fasano, United Way of Weld County
- Mary Gabriel, Aims Community College
- John Graves, Terracon Consultants, Inc.
- Bryan Guest, Great Western Bank
- JoAnn Herkenhoff, PVH and MCR Foundation
- Susan Herlihy, The Group, Inc.
- Shayna Howell, Aims Community College
- Lauren Ives, Heath Construction
- Nalo Johnson, City of Fort Collins
- Jason Jones, Advantage Bank
- Medora Kealy, North Front Range MPO
- Connie Mapes, State Farm Insurance
- Scott McPherson, Banner Health
- Joe Monty, Eide Bailey, LLP
- Heather O’Hayre, Larimer County Human Services
- Jacob Post, US Bank
- Katie Ricketts, City of Fort Collins
- Brian Smerud, Wheeler Management Group
- Justin Watada, Greeley Stampede
- Lauren Weber, Community Foundation Serving Greeley & Weld County
- James Yearling, Downtown Fort Collins Business Association